Friday, November 13, 2009

At my 2-week check-up!




So, I went to the dermatologist today after getting my bloodwork done yesterday and......my cholesterol is actually a little lower (15 pts) and my triglys are normal!! Yay! This means I get to stay on the drug for another month!! WOOT!!!

I am DRY, DRY, DRY like crazy, especially around my mouth and on my lips. I was using cocoa butter every 10 minutes (really) on my lips, but I found something better that people recommended online. The derm gave me a trial bottle of Eucerin Aquaphor cream. It looks like petroleum jelly, but is not....and you can use it on skin or lips. Mainly I just need it for my lips. It has really helped.

I have some monster cysts on my chin and on my right cheek; however, a lot of it is clearer than it was. My face feels burny and sting-y from being so dry. Plus, they gave me a 5% glycolic acid peel (I usually was getting 20%) and even just that small amount of glycolic stung after a second or two. My face is very sensitive. I feel fine otherwise, maybe a little more tired? But that's hard to tell....overall I feel good.

I am not really motivated to do much as far as go out, etc. I don't feel like I look very good right now. I kind of want to hide from the world until my treatment is done! I am sort of in that sweats-and-hoodie-stay-bac
k-cuz-I-am-sick mode.
I will take pics tonight and post all of them soon. Wish me luck!!

PS--I think the cholesterol drop to 235 was due to 2 things: I am taking plant sterol supplements now and trying to eat less crap. I am not "dieting" but I am not trying to go get a burger and such all the time!

These pictures were taken 2 weeks into my Accutane course.....it's dried up a lot....but still broken out. They say acne gets worse on this med before it gets better. I'm hoping so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment